Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name RENOPRESS Has Generic Salt :: Prazosin
- 2 RENOPRESS Is From Company LA RENON Priced :: Rs. 69
- 3 RENOPRESS have Prazosin is comes under Sub class Anti Hypertensives of Main Class Cardiovascular System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Cardiovascular System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Hypertensives
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name RENOPRESS Has Generic Salt :: Prazosin
RENOPRESS Is From Company LA RENON Priced :: Rs. 69
RENOPRESS have Prazosin is comes under Sub class Anti Hypertensives of Main Class Cardiovascular System
Main Medicine Class:: Cardiovascular System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Hypertensives
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
|Prazosin||XL TAB||Rs. 69||10|
Indications for Drugs ::
Hypertension, Heart failure, Benign prostatic hyperplasia; Raynaud’s syndrome
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO HTN Initial: 500 mcg 2-3 times/day for 3-7 days, increase to 1 mg 2-3 times/day for the next 3-7 days if tolerated. May further increase if needed. Max: 20 mg/day. Heart failure Initial: 500 mcg 2-4 times/day, increase gradually when needed. Maintenance: 4-20 mg/day. Benign prostatic hyperplasia; Raynaud’s syndrome Initial: 500 mcg twice daily. Maintenance: <2 mg twice daily. Contraindication ::
Congestive heart failure due to mechanical obstruction. Hypersensitivity. Pregnancy.
Drug Precautions ::
Angina pectoris. Ability to drive or operate machinery may be impaired. Phaeochromocytoma, abrupt withdrawal, impaired renal and liver function. child <12 yr. Lactation. May develop tolerance in prolonged treatment. Intiate treatment with low doses. Drug Side Effects ::
Postural hypotension, syncope, palpitations, lack of energy, nausea, oedema, chest pain, dyspnoea, constipation, diarrhoea, vomiting, depression, nervousness, sleep disturbances, headache, lassitude, drowsiness, loss of consciousness, dizziness, vertigo, hallucinations, paraesthesia, nasal congestion, epistaxis, dry mouth, urinary frequency and incontinence, pruritus, rash. Potentially Fatal: Rarely, hypotension may be life-threatening.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Prazosin competitively blocks postsynaptic ?1-adrenoceptors of veins and arterioles causing vasodilation, reduction in BP and total peripheral resistance usually w/o reflex tachycardia.
Drug Interactions ::
Hypotensive effects may be enhanced w/ diuretics and other antihypertensives. Increased risk of 1st dose hypotension w/ ?-blockers or Ca channel blockers. Concomitant admin w/ phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitors (e.g. sildenafil) may result in additive hypotensive effects and symptomatic hypotension.