Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name DOXIN Has Generic Salt :: Doxepin
- 2 DOXIN Is From Company Intas Priced :: Rs. 27.9
- 3 DOXIN have Doxepin is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name DOXIN Has Generic Salt :: Doxepin
DOXIN Is From Company Intas Priced :: Rs. 27.9
DOXIN have Doxepin is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Anxiety disorders, Depression, Insomnia
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Initial: 75 mg/day, up to 300 mg/day in severely depressed patients. Total daily dose >100 mg should be given in divided doses
Hypersensitivity; mania, glaucoma, neonates (topical); lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Epilepsy, CV disease, pregnancy, history of urinary retention, glaucoma; gradual withdrawal. May impair ability to drive or operate machinery.
Drug Side Effects ::
Drowsiness, dizziness, confusion, headache, dry mouth, constipation, blurring of vision, hypotension, tachycardia, rashes. Topical: Burning, stinging, scaling, oedema and dryness.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Doxepin inhibits serotonin and norepinephrine re-uptake by the presynaptic neuronal membrane increasing its synaptic conc in the CNS.
Drug Interactions ::
Methylphenidate may increase plasma doxepin levels. Potentially Fatal: Potentiates hypertensive action of sympathomimetics. Increased anticholinergic effects with MAOIs. Additive CNS effects with anticholinergics, CNS depressants and alcohol.