Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name LOTENASE Has Generic Salt :: Loteprednol
- 2 LOTENASE Is From Company Ajanta Ph. Priced :: Rs. 210
- 3 LOTENASE have Loteprednol is comes under Sub class Corticosteroids of Main Class Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System Sub Medicine Class :: Corticosteroids
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name LOTENASE Has Generic Salt :: Loteprednol
LOTENASE Is From Company Ajanta Ph. Priced :: Rs. 210
LOTENASE have Loteprednol is comes under Sub class Corticosteroids of Main Class Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System
Main Medicine Class:: Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System Sub Medicine Class :: Corticosteroids
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
|Loteprednol||NASAL SPRAY||Rs. 210||10ML|
Indications for Drugs ::
Allergic conjunctivitis, Ocular inflammation
Drug Dose ::
Steroid responsive disease treatment: Apply 1 to 2 drops of Lotepro into the conjunctival sac of the affected eye(s) four times daily. During the initial treatment within the first week, the dosing may be increased, up to 1 drop every hour, if necessary. Care should be taken not to discontinue therapy prematurely. Post-Operative Inflammation: Apply 1 to 2 drops of Lotepro into the conjunctival sac of the operated eye(s) four times daily beginning 24 hours after surgery and continuing throughout the first 2 weeks of the post-operative period.
As with other ophthalmic corticosteroids, is contraindicated in most viral diseases of the cornea and conjunctiva including epithelial herpes simplex keratitis (dendritic keratitis), vaccinia, and varicella, and also in mycobacterial infection of the eye and fungal diseases of ocular structures. Lotepro is also contraindicated in individuals with known or suspected hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients of this preparation and to other corticosteroids.
Drug Precautions ::
• Shake the bottle well before use • Patients should be advised not to allow the dropper tip to touch the eye, eyelid, fingers, or any other surface to prevent contamination • Patients should be advised not to wear soft contact lenses when using this drug • If this product is used for 10 days or longer, intraocular pressure should be monitored. • The possibility of fungal infections of the cornea should be considered after long-term steroid dosing • The use of steroids may delay wound healing.
Drug Side Effects ::
Local reactions (e.g. blurred vision, burning, itching, dry eye), photophobia, headache, rhinitis, pharyngitis. Prolonged use may increase IOP, which may be associated with possible development of glaucoma and infrequent optic nerve damage; posterior sub-capsular cataract formation and perforation of the globe where there is thinning of the cornea or sclera.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Loteprednol is a synthetic nonfluorinated glucocorticoid. It stimulates the production of lipicortins, proteins that modulate the activity of prostaglandins and leukotrienes.
Drug Interactions ::