Ischemia Types Effects of Ischemia, Myocardial ischemia(MI) ECGECG General description with Basic idea of 12 Leads with Positions On Body. Read more ... » ,vertebrobasilar ischemia and other metabolic changes
- A temporary deficiency of blood flow to an organ or tissue,
- Normal muscle contraction and relaxation affected
- Angina pectoris has been considered the cardinal symptom of myocardial ischemia for more than two centuries.
- LVF (left ventricular failure)
- Papillary muscle dysfunction ~MR ~LV dilata-
- Angina pectoris
- Myocardial necrosis and scarring
- between 25 and 45 percent of patients with acutePterocarpus marsupium Indian Kino Bijaka ASANA (Heart wood) Ayurvedic Medicine OF inflammation diabetes. Read more ... » and chronicChronic Hepatitis Classification viral hepatitis Clinical features and Treatment. Read more ... » ischemic syndromes have evidence of myocardial ischemia during daily life,
Types of Ischemia –
myocardial ischemia (MI):
- evidence of myocardial ischemia in the absence of chest discomfort or other anginal equivalents.
- An inadequate supply of blood and oxygen to meet the metabolic demands of the heartAshwagandha Withania somnifera Ayurvedic Drug of Impotency, Spermatorrhoea, Nervous Tonic and Tension. Read more ... » muscle.
- Exercise testing or ambulatory monitoring shows transient ST segment changes
- Inadequate blood flow through the arteries that supply nutrients and oxygen to the structures at the base of the brain (esp. the brain stem and cerebellum).
lower limb ischemia:
- An inadequate blood flow to one or both legs due either to chronic arterial obstruction caused by atherosclerosisAcute Myocardial Infarction (AMI) Causes PATHOPHYSIOLOGY and Etiology. Read more ... » or to acute obstruction caused by embolism.
- Accumulation of lactic acid, depletion (wash out) of high energy phosphates, oxygen and creatine phosphate.
- In the presence of oxygen, fatty acid and glucoseSome Facts about Glucocorticoid & Major side effects. Read more ... » are metabolized to carbon dioxide and water.
- Fatty acids, glucose O2 co2 —–> and H20.
- In absence of oxygen fatty acids and glucose are metabolized to lactic acid which promotes coronary spasm,
- Changes are reversible up to 10 minutes .
- after 20 minutes changes are irreversible.
- typical changes of angina / IHDIschemic Heart Disease (IHD) Causes and Risk factors for Ischemic Heart Disease. Read more ... » are:
- ST depression
- T inversion
- These are seen in contiguous leads like 2, 3, AVF, ferior wa or I, L, V5,V6 (lateral wall).
- severe ischemia, ST elevation is seen and indi:c~es transmural ischemia; it may evolve into ‘: myocardial infarction).
- eIedrical instabilit~ads to arrhythmiasSupraventricular tachycardia and Ventricular fibrillation Causes Diagnosis with Treatment. Read more ... » – VTVentricular Tachycardia VT Diagnosis Causes Clinical features with Treatment. Read more ... »-(ven:-icular tachycardiaHyperglycemic Hyperosmolar State (HHS) Acute Complication Of DM. Read more ... ») -.and VF-(ventricular fibril~ation).
- death occurs due to pump failure or ventricular :tachyarrhythymias.