Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name PICON Has Generic Salt :: PIMECROLIMUS
- 2 PICON Is From Company Biocon Priced :: Rs. 400
- 3 PICON have PIMECROLIMUS is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name PICON Has Generic Salt :: PIMECROLIMUS
PICON Is From Company Biocon Priced :: Rs. 400
PICON have PIMECROLIMUS is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
|PIMECROLIMUS||Rs. 400||10 MG|
Indications for Drugs ::
Atopic dermatitis, Eczema
Drug Dose ::
Adult: Topical As 1% cream: Apply twice daily. Stop treatment if there is no improvement after 6 wk or if there is worsening of condition.
Hypersensitivity; children <2 yr; immunocompromised patients. Patients with Netherton's syndrome. Drug Precautions ::
Avoid use in areas affected by active, cutaneous viral infections. Avoid contact with the eyes and mucous membranes. Immunosuppression may increase risk of lymphoma and other malignancies. Limit exposure to sunlight or other UV light. Mild to moderate sensation of warmth and/or burning may occur at the treatment site within 1-5 days of initiation. Safety of usage beyond 1 yr is not established. Renal or hepatic impairment. Monitor renal, hepatic, cardiac and visual functions, BP, serum glucose and electrolytes regularly. Pregnancy, lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Application-site reactions, upper respiratory tract infection, cough, nasopharyngitis and headache. Increased incidence of impetigo; skin infections and superinfection; rhinitis and urticaria with combined topical corticosteroids.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Pimecrolimus is a macrolactam and is a derivative of ascomycin. It is an immunosuppressant which inhibits the activation of T-cells and prevents the release of inflammatory mediators from mast cells. It is used for the short term or intermittent long term treatment for mild to moderate atopic eczema.
Drug Interactions ::
Inhibitors of cytochrome P450 3A4 isoenzyme in patients with widespread and/or erythrodermic disease. Potentially Fatal: Increased risk of infections when used with live vaccines.