Tricuspid Stenosis and Tricuspid Regurgitation
SymptomsBacterial Infections by Gram-Negative with diagnosis Treatment Signs and symptoms. Read more ... » of Tricuspid Stenosis and Tricuspid Regurgitation with Physical findings TreatmentBacterial Infections by Gram-Negative with diagnosis Treatment Signs and symptoms. Read more ... »
Tricuspid stenosis is an uncommon valvular abnormality that most commonly occurs in association with other valvular lesions.
Regurgitation caused not by valvular disorder but by dilatation of ventricles, the great vessels, or valve rings.
Tricuspid Regurgitation A backflow of blood from the right ventricle into the right atrium.
TRICUSPID STENOSIS is a narrowing of the tricuspid valve.
- It is a rare diseaseBacterial Infections by Gram-Negative with diagnosis Treatment Signs and symptoms. Read more ... ». Etiology is usually rheumatic. It is more common In females. It always occurs with mitral stenosis. -
- There is usually tricuspid regurgitation associated with TS.
- There are features of mitral stenosis like dyspnoea, hemoptysis etc.
- When TS develops in a patient of mitral stenosis, there is lessening of symptoms like dyspnoea. Relief of symptoms occurs because, due to development ofTS the RV output decreases, and therefore pulmonary congestion is lesser.
- ~HepatomegalyAlcoholic Liver Disease Diagnosis CAGE criteria and Treatment. Read more ... », ascites and edema develop.
- There is severe fatigueFatigue diagnosis medicine and treatment. Read more ... ».
Tricuspid Stenosis Physical findings
- There is he atic con estion, cardiacAshwagandha Withania somnifera Ayurvedic Drug of Impotency, Spermatorrhoea, Nervous Tonic and Tension. Read more ... » cirrhosis, jaundice, malnutrition, anasarca, ascites, splenomegary.
- JVPExamination of arterial pressure pulse with Jugular Venous Pulse (JVP). Read more ... » is raised, with iant ‘a’ waves, and slow ‘y’ descent.
- The murmur of aortic stenosisAortic Stenosis Symptoms Aortic Stenosis Physical Findings Auscultation TREATMENT. Read more ... » is best heard by placing the stethoscope over the base of the heartAshwagandha Withania somnifera Ayurvedic Drug of Impotency, Spermatorrhoea, Nervous Tonic and Tension. Read more ... ».
- In sinus rhythm there may be pres stolic liver ulsa-
- Auscultation : OS opening snap) of tricuspid valve may be heard after P . P2 is normal, nofToud.–
- The diastolic murmur ofTS is mid-diastolic and heard along left lower sternal margin and the xi 01 process.–Setween the diastolic murmur ofTS and that of rOr5;there is a gap as the stethoscope is moved laterally from the xiphoid process.
- ~The murmur of TS increases durin ins irationLdecreases during expiratio~nd Valsalva maneuve~
Investigations of Tricuspid Stenosis
- ECGAshoka Saraca asoca Ayurvedic Medicinal Plant. Read more ... » : RAE (Right atrial enlargement) is seen as tall,
- eaked P waves in lead II and u right P waves in lead V1 There is no RVH in ECG even in patients of right neart failure.
- RAE and superior vena cava enlargement are seen.
- stenosed Tricuspid valve is thickened and
Tricuspid Stenosis Treatment
- Salt restriction, diuretics. Surgical repair of the tricuspid valve. Tricuspid valve replacement with prosthetic valve
- Aside from systemic venous congestion, the symptoms and findings on physical and laboratory examination largely depend upon the presence and severity of associated aortic and/or mitral valve disease.
- In the absence of mitral valve disease, such findings are generally well out of proportion to dyspnea;
- As a result of valvular stenosis, there is a persistent diastolic pressure gradient between the right atrium and right ventricle.
- Tricuspid stenosis is most commonly of rheumatic etiology; the majority of cases present with tricuspid regurgitation or a combination of regurgitation and stenosis
- This may result from embryonic maldevelopment,or excessive development of fibrous tissue hypertrophy and thickening of a sphincter muscle, inflammatory disordersFicus Religiosa Pipal tree Ayurvedic Medicine Ficus religiosa Pipal Medicine of gastric problems diabetes diarrhea. Read more ... », .
- Congenital atresia or stenosis of the valve .
- Right atrial or metastatic tumors.
TRICUSPID REGURGITATION is a leak of blood back into the right atrium during right ventricular systole.
- TR is most commonly functional due to dilatation of the tricuspid annulus as in mitral stenosis and inferior wall infarction.
- It may also be seen in severe ulmonary hyertension, ischemic heart diseasePRESENTATIONS OF ischemic heart disease(IHD). Read more ... », cardiomyopathyCardiomyopathy Clinical features Etiology Diagnosis Dilated Hypertrophic Restrictive cardiomyopathy with Treatment. Read more ... », p-pulmonale.
Organic TR :
- is always associated with tricuspid stenosis. Other causesBacterial Infections by Gram-Negative with diagnosis Treatment Signs and symptoms. Read more ... » of organic TR not associated with TS are RV papillary muscle infarcts, tricuspid valve prolapse, carcinoid disease, infective endocarditis, Ebstein’s anomaly.
- there is systemic venous congestion, reduced cardiac output, right-sideneart failur
- When TR develops in patients of pulmonary hypertensionAshwagandha Withania somnifera Ayurvedic Drug of Impotency, Spermatorrhoea, Nervous Tonic and Tension. Read more ... » symptoms of pulmonary congestion reduce, but right heart failureHeart Failure Causes Symptoms NYHA classification with Heart Failure Treatment. Read more ... » develops.
- JVP is raised with prominent ‘v’ waves .
- There is marked hepatomegaly, ascites, pleural effusion, edema, systolic pulsations of the liver, positive he atoju ular reflux.
- There is parasternal heave (prominent RV pulsation in left parasternal re ion), blowing holosystolic murmur along the lower left sterna margin Increase in inspiration, and reduced uring expiration, and Vafsa va maneuver.
- There is atrial fibrillationAtrial fibrillation Causes and Treatment Indications of DC Cardioversion. Read more ... ».
- There is RVH.
- TR and its etiology may be seen. Pulmonary artery pressure is estimated which may be high.
Tricuspid Regurgitation Treatment .
- Treat the underlying cause.
- Tricuspid valve repair and replacement are usually not required.