CHRONICChronic Hepatitis Classification viral hepatitis Clinical features and Treatment. Read more ... » CONSTRICTIVE PERICARDITISCOMPLICATIONS OF Acute Myocardial Infarction (AMI) AND TREATMENT -2. Read more ... »
Constrictive pericarditis —
Constrictive pericarditis is the result of scarring and consequent loss of elasticity of the pericardial sac.
The normal pericardium is a fibroelastic sac containing a thin layer of fluid that surrounds the heartAshoka Saraca asoca Ayurvedic Medicinal Plant. Read more ... ».
- After the absorption of ericardial fluid thereis organization of fibrin, serous fluid and granulation tissue In t e pericardium.
- This results in a thickening, scar formation, hardening and constriction of pericardium.
- CausesThyroid Goiter. Read more ... » are – tuberculosis, trauma, irradiation, tu~ors, SLE, uraemia.
CHRONIC CONSTRICTIVE PERICARDITIS Physical findings :
- JVPExamination of arterial pressure pulse with Jugular Venous Pulse (JVP). Read more ... » is raised – x and y descent are prominent
- Ascites, Edema, Anasarca and HepatomegalyCANNABIS SATIVA BHANGA NARCOTICS MADKARI DRAVYA. Read more ... »
- Pulsus parodoxus
- Kussmaul’s sign – increased JVP during inspira-
- tion i.e. rise of venouscolumn in the neck during inspiration instead of a fall is called Russmaul’SSi n
- Pericardial knock -is an extra sound after second heart soundCardiac Examination Auscultation of the Heart. Read more ... »
- Atrial fibrillationAtrial fibrillation Causes and Treatment Indications of DC Cardioversion. Read more ... » may be present.
X-rayThe Basics of X-ray key concept of Radiology. Read more ... » I echocardiogram I CT scan I MRI
- Thickening, calcification, scarring of pericardium is seen.
CHRONIC CONSTRICTIVE PERICARDITIS TreatmentThyroid Goiter. Read more ... »
- Resection of pericardium. Mortality may be high depending on myocardial atrophy.
- Treatment of etiology.