Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name DAPSONE Has Generic Salt :: Dapsone
- 2 DAPSONE Is From Company Gsk Priced :: Rs. 27.98
- 3 DAPSONE have Dapsone is comes under Sub class Anti Leprotics of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Leprotics
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name DAPSONE Has Generic Salt :: Dapsone
DAPSONE Is From Company Gsk Priced :: Rs. 27.98
DAPSONE have Dapsone is comes under Sub class Anti Leprotics of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Leprotics
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Pneumonia, Acne, Leprosy, Dermatitis herpetiformis
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Prophylaxis of Pneumocystis (carinii) jiroveci pneumonia50 mg/day (w/ pyrimethamine once wkly). Multibacillary leprosy 100 mg/day (w/ clofazimine and rifampicin in different dosage regimens) for 12 mth. Paucibacillary leprosy 100 mg/day (w/ rifampicin once mthly) for 6 mth. Dermatitis herpetiformis Initial: 50 mg/day, up to 300 mg/day if needed. T
Hypersensitivity. Severe anaemia, porphyria.
Drug Precautions ::
G6PD deficiency, methaemoglobin or Hb M. Perform regular blood counts and monitor liver function regularly. Pregnancy and lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Anaemia, peripheral neuropathy, haemolysis and methaemoglobinaemia (dose-related), nephrotic syndrome, psychological changes, hepatitis. Others: Nausea, vomiting, anorexia, headache, maculopapular rash, toxic epidermal necrolysis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome. Topical: Dryness, redness, oiliness and peeling at application site. Potentially Fatal: Agranulocytosis, serious cutaneous hypersensitivity reactions, exfoliative dermatitis.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Dapsone inhibits folic acid synthesis by preventing normal bacterial utilization of PABA (PABA).
Drug Interactions ::
Decreased serum conc of dapsone when used with rifampicin. Increased plasma conc with probenecid, trimethoprim. Antagonize clofazimine.