Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name NEVIREX Has Generic Salt :: Nevirapine
- 2 NEVIREX Is From Company Aurobindo Priced :: Rs. 255
- 3 NEVIREX have Nevirapine is comes under Sub class Anti Retrovirals (Drugs for HIV) of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Retrovirals (Drugs for HIV)
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name NEVIREX Has Generic Salt :: Nevirapine
NEVIREX Is From Company Aurobindo Priced :: Rs. 255
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
Oral HIV infection Adult: Combined with other antiretrovirals: 200 mg once daily for the first 14 days; increase to 200 mg bid if rash does not develop. Interrupting the treatment for >7 days necessitate reintroduction at a lower dose for the first 14 days. Child: Combined with other antiretrovirals: 2 mth to 8 yr: 4 mg/kg once daily for the first 14 days; increase to 7 mg/kg bid if no rash is present. 8-16 yr: 4 mg/kg once daily for 14 days followed by 4 mg/kg bid. Max: 400 mg daily. Interrupting the treatment for >7 days necessitate reintroduction at a lower dose for the first 14 days.
Hypersensitivity. Lactation. Severe hepatic impairment.
Drug Precautions ::
Pregnancy. Interrupt treatment if severe hepatotoxicity or life-threatening skin reactions develop. Renal or hepatic insufficiency. Monitor liver function periodically.
Drug Side Effects ::
Skin rash, nausea, vomiting, headache, abnormal LFT, fatigue, diarrhoea, abdominal pain. Potentially Fatal: Severe and life-threatening hepatotoxic and skin reactions
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Nevirapine is a non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor that acts against HIV-1. It binds directly to reverse transcriptase and thereby blocks the RNA-dependent and DNA-dependent DNA polymerase activities by disrupting the enzyme’s catalytic site.
Drug Interactions ::
Mutually increased levels effects when used with drugs extensively metabolised by CYP3A. Reduced levels/effects of methadone.