Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name PENTAVAC Has Generic Salt :: DIPHTHERIA
- 2 PENTAVAC Is From Company Serum Inst. Priced :: Rs. 460.8
- 3 PENTAVAC have DIPHTHERIA is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name PENTAVAC Has Generic Salt :: DIPHTHERIA
PENTAVAC Is From Company Serum Inst. Priced :: Rs. 460.8
PENTAVAC have DIPHTHERIA is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
|DIPHTHERIA||VACC||Rs. 460.8||HIBRO & Q-VAC AMP|
Indications for Drugs ::
Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis & Hepatitis B in infants.
Drug Dose ::
Deep IM inj Primary vaccination 3 doses of 0.5 mL w/in the 1st 6 mth of life at intervals of at least 4 wk. Booster dose: Administer during the 2nd yr of life.
Previous encephalopathy after pertussis vaccine; acute severe febrie illness.Hypersensitivity to any component of the vaccine. Childn w/ history of encephalopathy of unknown etiology occurring w/in 7 days following previous vaccination. Do not administer IV.
Drug Precautions ::
Previous reaction to DTP vaccine; family history of convulsions, SIDS; bleeding disorders; immunosuppression /deficiency; pregnancy, lactation. Postpone vaccination in patients w/ acute severe febrile illness. Should be administered SC in patients w/ thrombocytopenia or bleeding disorders. Syncope, risk of apnea. Temp >40°C, persistent crying lasting >3 hr & collapse or shock-like state w/in 48 hrs; convulsions w/ or w/o fever w/in 3 days. High incidence of pertussis. Childn w/ progressive neurological disorders including infantile spasms, uncontrolled epilepsy or progressive encephalopathy. Consider potential risk of apnea & need for resp monitoring for 48-72 hr to very premature infants (>28 wk of gestation) particularly those w/ previous history of resp immaturity.
Drug Side Effects ::
Redness, swelling & severe pain at inj site. Unusual crying, drowsiness, irritability, GI symptoms, feeding problems & fever. Collapse or shock-like state.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Vaccine is used for the active immunisation of diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis in children from 6 wk to 6 yr of age. Production of specific antibodies to tetanus, diphtheria, and pertusis (active immunity). Conveys active immunity via stimulation of production of endogenously produced antibodies
Drug Interactions ::