Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name R-FLAVO Has Generic Salt :: Flavoxate
- 2 R-FLAVO Is From Company Royal Priced :: Rs. N.I.
- 3 R-FLAVO have Flavoxate is comes under Sub class Drugs Acting on Bladder of Main Class Genito Urinary System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Genito Urinary System Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs Acting on Bladder
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name R-FLAVO Has Generic Salt :: Flavoxate
R-FLAVO Is From Company Royal Priced :: Rs. N.I.
R-FLAVO have Flavoxate is comes under Sub class Drugs Acting on Bladder of Main Class Genito Urinary System
Main Medicine Class:: Genito Urinary System Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs Acting on Bladder
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Cystitis, Urinary incontinence, Urgency and frequency, Bladder spasms, Dysuria, Nocturia, Suprapubic pain, Prostatitis, Urethritis
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Bladder spasms due to catheterisation; Dysuria; Urinary incontinence, urgency and frequency 200 mg 3 times/day.
Pyloric or duodenal obstruction; obstructive intestinal lesions or ileus; achalasia; GI haemorhrage or obstructive uropathies of the lower urinary tract; myasthenia gravis; severe ulcerative colitis; toxic megacolon; glaucoma; children <12. Drug Precautions ::
May affect ability to drive or operate machinery. May worsen hyperthyroidism, coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, prostatic hypertrophy, arrhythmias, tachycardia. Pregnancy; lactation; elderly; autonomic neuropathy; hiatus hernia with reflux esophagitis, hepatic and renal impairment.
Drug Side Effects ::
Increased intraocular pressure; difficulty in ocular accommodation; blurred vision; dry mouth and throat; GI disturbances; nervousness; vertigo; headache; fatigue; confusion; hypersensitivity reactions; dysuria; tachycardia; palpitation; hyperpyrexia; eosinophilia; leukopenia, abdominal pain, constipation and difficulty in concentrating.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Flavoxate is a tertiary amine that acts as a smooth muscle relaxant; it also has antimuscarinic effects. It exhibits local anaesthetic, analgesic and spasmolytic effects.
Drug Interactions ::
Amantadine, some antihistamines, phenothiazine antipsychotics, tricyclic antidepressants, MAOIs; parasympathomimetics. May decrease gastric motility thus decreasing absorption of certain drugs. May antagonise the GI effects of cisapride, domperidone, metoclopramide.