Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name RESTRICT Has Generic Salt :: Repaglinide
- 2 RESTRICT Is From Company EAST WEST Priced :: Rs. 124.8
- 3 RESTRICT have Repaglinide is comes under Sub class Insulin , Anti Diabetic drugs of Main Class Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System Sub Medicine Class :: Insulin , Anti Diabetic drugs
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name RESTRICT Has Generic Salt :: Repaglinide
RESTRICT Is From Company EAST WEST Priced :: Rs. 124.8
RESTRICT have Repaglinide is comes under Sub class Insulin , Anti Diabetic drugs of Main Class Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System
Main Medicine Class:: Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System Sub Medicine Class :: Insulin , Anti Diabetic drugs
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Type 2 DM
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Initial: 0.5 mg before main meals. May adjust dose 1-2 wkly, up to 4 mg/dose. Max: 16 mg/day.
Diabetic ketoacidosis; severe hepatic impairment, type 1 diabetes; hypersensitivity. Lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Myocardial infarction, coma, trauma during surgery, elderly, malnourished and debilitated patients. Hepatic or severe renal impairment. Pregnancy.
Drug Side Effects ::
Hypoglycaemia, nausea, diarrhoea, constipation, vomiting, dyspepsia, arthralgia, sinusitis, rhinitis, back pain; rash, pruritus, urticaria; visual disturbances.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Repaglinide stimulates release of insulin from pancreatic ?-cells by inhibiting K efflux via closure of ATP regulated K channels. This results in depolarization of the cell and opening of voltage-dependent Ca channels, which increases influx of Ca into the beta cells and causes release of insulin.
Drug Interactions ::
Cytochrome P450 3A4 inducers eg. rifampicin, barbiturates and carbamazepine may increase repaglinide metabolism. NSAIDs and other highly protein bound drugs eg, salicylates, sulphonamides, phenylbutazone, oral anticoagulants and hydantoins may potentiate action of repaglinide. Ketoconazole, fluconazole, itraconazole and erythromycin may increase plasma conc of repaglinide. Antagonistic effect with drugs causing hyperglycaemia. Concurrent use with gemfibrozil may lead to enhanced and prolonged blood glucose lowering effect. Potentially Fatal: Increased risk of myocardial infarction when used with isophane insulin.