CARDIAC IMAGING Very useful.
- RV infarction: diagnosed by Echo
- Ventricular aneurysm
- Pericardial effusion y LV thrombus
- Wall motion abnormalities are seen
- Old scars can also cause WMA
- Decreased LV function is indication for ACE inhibitor
- MR is diagnosed easily.
dobutamine stress echocardiography:
- noninvasive test for coronary artery disease in which dobutamine is given to patients to increase the workload of the heart,
- and then the heart is evaluated with ultrasonic imaging
- The ultrasonic identification of segments of heart muscle that do not move properly when a patient with coronary artery disease exercises
- heart and great vessels by means of an ultrasonic transducer placed on the chest wall.
- obtaining echocardiographic images in with the ultrasonographic transducer is introduced into the esophagus
Myocardial perfusion imaging:
- It is done with 201TI, 99mTc. Acute and chronic scars cannot be distinguished by this test. It is useful for diagnosis of viability of myocardium.
- Death occurs within 24 hrs in a vast majority of cases due to :
- Arrhythmias like ventricular fibrillation
- Pump failure.