Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name ALCON BRIMO OPHTH Has Generic Salt :: Brimonidine
- 2 ALCON BRIMO OPHTH Is From Company Alcon Lab Priced :: Rs. 158
- 3 ALCON BRIMO OPHTH have Brimonidine is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name ALCON BRIMO OPHTH Has Generic Salt :: Brimonidine
ALCON BRIMO OPHTH Is From Company Alcon Lab Priced :: Rs. 158
ALCON BRIMO OPHTH have Brimonidine is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Open-angle glaucoma, Ocular hypertension
Drug Dose ::
The recommended dose is 1 drop of ophthalmic solution in the affected eye(s) twice daily (doses taken approximately 12 hours apart).
This eye drops are contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity to brimonidine tartrate or any component of this medication.This product is also contraindicated in patients receiving monoaminase oxidase inhibitor therapy.
Drug Precautions ::
General Brimonidine ophthalmic solution should be used with caution in patients with known hypersensitivity to other alpha-adrenoceptor agonists. Although brimonidine had minimal effect on blood pressure and heart rate of patients in clinical studies, caution should be exercised in treating patients with severe cardiovascular disease. Brimonidine has not been studied in patients with hepatic or renal impairment; caution should be exercised in treating such patients. Brimonidine should be used with caution in patients with depression, cerebral or coronary insufficiency.
Drug Side Effects ::
Headache; itching of eye; redness of eye or inner lining of eyelid; swelling of eyelid; tearing of eye.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Brimonidine is an alpha 2-adrenoceptor agonist which works to reduce aqueous humor production and increase uveoscleral flow.
Drug Interactions ::
Possibility of an additive or potentiating effect with CNS depressants e.g. alcohol, barbiturates, opiates, sedatives or anaesthetics. Caution when used with beta-blockers (ophthalmic and systemic), antihypertensives or cardiac glycosides. TCAs can affect the metabolism and uptake of circulating amines.