Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name ARFLUR Has Generic Salt :: Flurbiprofen
- 2 ARFLUR Is From Company F D C Priced :: Rs. 27.1
- 3 ARFLUR have Flurbiprofen is comes under Sub class Miscellaneous of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Miscellaneous
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name ARFLUR Has Generic Salt :: Flurbiprofen
ARFLUR Is From Company F D C Priced :: Rs. 27.1
ARFLUR have Flurbiprofen is comes under Sub class Miscellaneous of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Miscellaneous
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Dysmenorrhoea, Sore throat, Ocular inflammation, Pain and inflammation associated w/ musculoskeletal and joint disorders, Prophylaxis of miosis during ocular surgery
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Pain and inflammation associated w/ musculoskeletal and joint disorders 150-200 mg/day in divided doses, up to 300 mg/day in severe cases. Dysmenorrhoea Initial: 100 mg, then 50-100 mg 4-6 hrly. Max: 300 mg/day. Sore throat Per loz contains 8.75 mg flurbiprofen: 1 loz 3-6 hrly, up to a max of 3 days. Max: 5 loz/day. Ophth Prevention of miosis during ocular surgery As 0.03% flurbiprofen Na soln: Instill 1 drop every 30 mins starting 2 hr before and ending not <30 mins before surgery. Post-op ocular inflammation As 0.03% flurbiprofen Na soln: Instill 1 drop 4 times/day for 1-3 wk starting 24 hr post-op. Contraindication ::
Peptic ulcer, GI haemorrhage, asthma, bronchospasm, rhinitis, angioedema, hypersensitivity; aspirin intolerance; pregnancy (3rd trimester); lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Hypertension; impaired renal function.
Drug Side Effects ::
Fluid retention, oedema; allergic nephritis, allergic reactions; GI upsets; dizziness, tinnitus, blurring of vision; local irritation, transient burning and stinging (ophthalmic). Potentially Fatal: Peptic ulceration, haemorrhage and perforation.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Flurbiprofen inhibits prostaglandin synthesis by decreasing the activity of cyclooxygenase resulting in reduced prostaglandin levels. It is also a potent inhibitor of platelet aggregation.
Drug Interactions ::
Reduced antihypertensive effect of ACE inhibitors, angiotensin II receptor antagonists and ?-blockers. Slight reduction in blood glucose concentration in patients w/ DM receiving certain antidiabetic agents (e.g. glyburide, metformin). Reduced diuretic effect of furosemide and thiazides. May increase toxicity of lithium and methotrexate. May increase risk of bleeding w/ antiplatelets, anticoagulants, SSRIs, corticosteroids.