Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name AZIDERM Has Generic Salt :: Azelaic
- 2 AZIDERM Is From Company Micro Labs Priced :: Rs. 116.00/146.50
- 3 AZIDERM have Azelaic is comes under Sub class Drugs for Acne of Main Class Skin
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Skin Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs for Acne
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name AZIDERM Has Generic Salt :: Azelaic
AZIDERM Is From Company Micro Labs Priced :: Rs. 116.00/146.50
AZIDERM have Azelaic is comes under Sub class Drugs for Acne of Main Class Skin
Main Medicine Class:: Skin Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs for Acne
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Acne vulgaris, Rosacea, Rosacea melasma, Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation
Drug Dose ::
Adult: Topical Acne As a 20% cream: Apply twice daily onto the affected areas. Rosacea: Apply twice daily onto the affected areas.
Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients.
Drug Precautions ::
Pregnancy, lactation. Avoid contact with eyes, mouth or other mucous membranes. Occlusive dressings or wrappings should not be used. Recommend patient to use only very mild soaps or soapless cleansing lotions for facial washing. Monitor for hypopigmentation in patients with dark complexion. Safety and efficacy not established in children <12 yr. Drug Side Effects ::
Local skin irritation (e.g. erythema, scaling, itching or burning). Hypopigmentation and rarely, photosensitivity reactions.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Azelaic acid is a naturally-occurring aliphatic dicarboxylic acid. The exact mechanism of action in treatment of acne vulgaries has not been fully established. It is believed to inhibit the growth of susceptible organisms (mainly Propionibacteria Acnes) on the skin surface, and inhibits follicular keratinisation thus restricts the development of comedones. Mechanism of action in the treatment of rosacea is unknown.
Drug Interactions ::
There have been no formal studies of the interaction of Azelaic Acid Gel with other drugs.