Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name FLUHALT Has Generic Salt :: OSELTAMIVIR
- 2 FLUHALT Is From Company Ranbaxy Priced :: Rs. 480
- 3 FLUHALT have OSELTAMIVIR is comes under Sub class Anti Retrovirals (Drugs for HIV) of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Retrovirals (Drugs for HIV)
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name FLUHALT Has Generic Salt :: OSELTAMIVIR
FLUHALT Is From Company Ranbaxy Priced :: Rs. 480
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
Oral Influenza A and B Adult: 75 mg bid for 5 days. Initiate treatment within 2 days of onset of symptoms. Child: 1-12 yr: Wt <15 kg: 30 mg bid; >15-23 kg: 45 mg bid; >23-40 kg: 60 mg bid; >40 kg: 75 mg bid. Initiate treatment within 2 days of onset of symptoms. Duration of treatment: 5 days. Prophylaxis of influenza A and B Adult: 75 mg once daily for 10 days. Initiate treatment within 2 days of exposure. For community outbreak: May continue dosing for up to 6 wk. Child: 1-12 yr: Wt <15 kg: 30 mg once daily; >15-23 kg: 45 mg once daily; >23-40 kg: 60 mg once daily; >40 kg: 75 mg once daily. Initiate treatment within 2 days of contact with an infected individual. Duration of treatment: 10 days. Renal impairment: Dialysis: Not recommended. CrCl (ml/min) 10-30 75 mg on alternate days or 30 mg daily. <10 Not recommended. Contraindication ::
Hypersensitivity. Severe renal impairment.
Drug Precautions ::
Moderate renal impairment. Pregnancy and lactation. Chronic cardiac disease, hepatic impairment, respiratory disease, immunocompromised patients.
Drug Side Effects ::
Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, bronchitis, insomnia, vertigo, diarrhoea, dizziness, headache, cough, fatigue, unstable angina, anaemia, pseudomembranous colitis, pneumonia, pyrexia, peritonsillar abscess, elevated liver enzymes, hepatitis, aches and pains, dyspepsia, rhinorrhoea, upper respiratory-tract infections. In children: Vomiting, other GI disturbances, asthma, bronchitis, conjunctivitis, dermatitis, epistaxis, ear disorders, otitis media, lymphadenopathy, pneumonia, sinusitis. Potentially Fatal: Anaphylaxis, severe dermatologic reactions.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Oseltamivir is a prodrug of oseltamivir carboxylate (OC). OC is a potent selective competitive inhibitor of neuraminidase (an enzyme required for viral replication) of the influenza virus A and B. It prevents the release of viruses from infected host cell.
Drug Interactions ::