Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name ISORANE Has Generic Salt :: Isoflurane
- 2 ISORANE Is From Company Piramal Hc. Priced :: Rs. N.I.
- 3 ISORANE have Isoflurane is comes under Sub class General Anesthetics of Main Class Anesthetics
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anesthetics Sub Medicine Class :: General Anesthetics
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name ISORANE Has Generic Salt :: Isoflurane
ISORANE Is From Company Piramal Hc. Priced :: Rs. N.I.
ISORANE have Isoflurane is comes under Sub class General Anesthetics of Main Class Anesthetics
Main Medicine Class:: Anesthetics Sub Medicine Class :: General Anesthetics
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
Adult: Inhalation Induction: Initial: 0.5% v/v w/ oxygen or oxygen and nitrous oxide, increase to 1.5-3% v/v. Maintenance: 1-2.5% v/v w/ oxygen and nitrous oxide mixtures or 1.5-3.5% v/v w/ oxygen only. For maintenance of anesth during caesarean section: 0.5-0.75% v/v w/ oxygen and nitrous oxide mixtures.
Known or suspected susceptibility to malignant hyperthermia. Porphyria.
Drug Precautions ::
Perioperative hyperkalaemia; raised intracranial pressure. May impair ability to drive or operate machinery. Pregnancy and lactation. Do not allow carbon dioxide absorbents in anaesthetic apparatus to dry out when delivering isoflurane to minimise the risk of developing elevated carboxyhaemoglobin levels.
Drug Side Effects ::
Respiratory depression, hypotension, arrhythmias, malignant hyperthermia. Shivering, nausea, vomiting, ileus. Breath holding, coughing and laryngospasm. Rarely, postoperative hepatic dysfunction and hepatitis. Hypersensitivity reactions. Transient WBC elevation.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Isoflurane, a volatile halogenated anaesthetic, causes a reversible loss of consciousness and pain sensations, suppression of voluntary motor activity, modification of autonomic reflexes, and depression of the respiratory and the CV system.
Drug Interactions ::
nhances effects of neuromuscular blockers. May sensitise the myocardium to adrenaline and other sympathomimetics. Enhances hypotensive effects of ACE inhibitors, TCAs, MAOIs, antihypertensives, antipsychotics or ?-blockers. May have synergistic effects with CNS depressants.