Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name CABGON-05 Has Generic Salt :: CABERGOLINE
- 2 CABGON-05 Is From Company Intas Priced :: Rs. 90
- 3 CABGON-05 have CABERGOLINE is comes under Sub class Drugs for Neurodegenerative Disorders of Main Class Nervous System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs for Neurodegenerative Disorders
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name CABGON-05 Has Generic Salt :: CABERGOLINE
CABGON-05 Is From Company Intas Priced :: Rs. 90
CABGON-05 have CABERGOLINE is comes under Sub class Drugs for Neurodegenerative Disorders of Main Class Nervous System
Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs for Neurodegenerative Disorders
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Hyperprolactinemia, prolactinomas, parkinson’s disease, uterine fibroids, acromegaly, cushing’s disease, pituitary adenomas, lactation suppression
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Inhibition of physiological lactation 1 mg as a single dose on 1st day postpartum. Lactation suppression 250 mcg 12 hrly for 2 days. Hyperprolactinemia-associated disorders Initial: 500 mcg/wk, may increase slowly according to response. Usual: 1 mg (up to 4.5 mg)/wk. Doses >1 mg should be given as divided doses. Monotherapy in Parkinson’s disease; Adjunct in Parkinsons’s disease Initial: 0.5 mg/day in monotherapy and 1 mg/day as adjunct therapy. May increase slowly. Max: 3 mg/day.
Hypersensitivity to ergot derivatives. Uncontrolled hypertension.
Drug Precautions ::
CV disease, Raynaud’s syndrome, renal or hepatic impairment, peptic ulcer, GI bleeding, history of psychosis, hypertension. May affect ability to drive or operate machinery. Pregnancy, lactation. Prolonged use and/or usage of high doses may lead to psychiatric disorders, pleural/retroperitoneal fibrosis or cardiac valvular fibrosis. Monitor serum prolactin level mthly until normalisation. Monitor hepatic function regularly in patients with hepatic impairment.
Drug Side Effects ::
Decrease in BP, dizziness, vertigo, headache, nausea, sleeplessness, abdominal pain, dyspepsia, gastritis, weakness, fatigue, constipation, vomiting, breast pain, hot flushes, depression, tingling, leg cramps, Raynaud’s syndrome, psychosis with hallucinations, delusions and confusion. Potentially Fatal: Risk of serotinin syndrome with sibutramine; avoid combination.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Cabergoline is a long-acting dopamine D2-agonist. It inhibits prolactin secretion through hypothalamic inhibitory control exerted through the release of dopamine.
Drug Interactions ::
Increased risk of orthostatic hypotension when used with antihypertensives. May increase vasoconstriction effect of dopamine. May reduce vasodilation effect of nitroglycerin. Concurrent use with SSRIs or TCAs may increase the risk of serotonin syndrome. Potentially Fatal: Risk of serotonin syndrome with sibutramine.