Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name FENOCOR Has Generic Salt :: Fenofibrate
- 2 FENOCOR Is From Company Ordain Hc. Priced :: Rs. 50
- 3 FENOCOR have Fenofibrate is comes under Sub class Anti Hyperlipidemics of Main Class Cardiovascular System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Cardiovascular System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Hyperlipidemics
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name FENOCOR Has Generic Salt :: Fenofibrate
FENOCOR Is From Company Ordain Hc. Priced :: Rs. 50
FENOCOR have Fenofibrate is comes under Sub class Anti Hyperlipidemics of Main Class Cardiovascular System
Main Medicine Class:: Cardiovascular System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Hyperlipidemics
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO : Standard micronised formulation: Initially, 200 mg once daily. For non-micronised formulations: Initial: 200-300 mg/day in divided doses. Usual range: 200-400 mg/day. Formulation w/ improved bioavailability: 40-160 mg once daily may be used.
Hypersensitivity; severe hepatic and renal impairment. Unexplained persistent liver function abnormality and primary biliary cirrhosis; preexisting gall bladder disease. Pregnancy, lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Renal or hepatic impairment. Monitor LFTs and blood counts regularly. Increased risk of cholelithiasis, pancreatitis, skeletal muscle effects. Withdraw treatment if no adequate response after 2 mth of treatment at max recommended dose.
Drug Side Effects ::
Headache, dizziness, asthaenia, fatigue, arrhythmia, photosensitivity, eczema, dizziness, vaginitis, paraesthesia, rhinitis, cough, sinusitis, allergic pulmonary alveolitis, polyuria, myopathy, myositis, arthralgia, myalgia, myasthenia. Potentially Fatal: Hepatitis, cholecystitis.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Fenofibrate, a fibric acid derivative, lowers plasma triglyceride by activating lipoprotein lipase thus increasing catabolism of VLDL w/ consequent increase in HDL levels.
Drug Interactions ::
Decreased absorption w/ bile acid sequestrants (e.g. colestyramine). May increase risk of ciclosporin-induced nephrotoxicity. Increased risk of muscle toxicity w/ HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors (e.g. simvastatin). May increase risk of bleeding w/ oral anticoagulants.