Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name PACETAKER Has Generic Salt :: MEROPENEM
- 2 PACETAKER Is From Company LITTLE GREAVE Priced :: Rs. 599.90/1799.90
- 3 PACETAKER have MEROPENEM is comes under Sub class Other Beta Lactams of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Other Beta Lactams
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name PACETAKER Has Generic Salt :: MEROPENEM
PACETAKER Is From Company LITTLE GREAVE Priced :: Rs. 599.90/1799.90
PACETAKER have MEROPENEM is comes under Sub class Other Beta Lactams of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Other Beta Lactams
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Cystic fibrosis, Intra-abdominal infections, Meningitis, Skin and skin structure infections, Diabetic foot infection
Drug Dose ::
Adult: IV Susceptible infections 0.5-1 g 8 hrly. Meningitis 2 g 8 hrly. Cystic fibrosis Up to 2 g 8 hrly. Skin infections 500 mg 8 hrly. Diabetic foot; Intra-abdominal infections 1 g 8 hrly. Children: 3 months to 12 years. 10 to 40 mg/kg intravenously every 8 hours depending on type and severity of infection, susceptibility of the pathogen(s) and the condition of the patient. Intra-abdominal infections: 20 mg/kg every 8 hours. Cystic fibrosis (4-18 years): 25-40 mg/kg every 8 hours. Meningitis: 40 mg/kg IV every 8 hours. Children over 50 kg weight: use adult dosage. Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) 26-50 Usual dose 12 hrly. 10-25 Half the usual dose 12 hrly. <10 Half the usual dose 24 hrly. Hepatic impairment: No dosage adjustment needed. Contraindication ::
Drug Precautions ::
History of hypersensitivity to carbapenem, pencillins or other ?-lactam antibiotics; infants <3 mth; renal insufficiency; neurological disorders; pregnancy, lactation. Not recommended for use in MRSA. Drug Side Effects ::
Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain; headache; constipation; rash, pruritus, uticaria; apnoea; phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, swelling and pain at inj site; disturbances in LFTs (may cause increases in serum transaminases, alkaline phosphatase, lactic dehydrogenase). Rarely: erythema multiforme; eosinophilia, thrombocytopenia, leucopenia, neutropenia; seizures and CNS effects reported in patients with underlying CNS disorders or renal impairment. Potentially Fatal: Anaphylaxis; pseudomembranous colitis; Stevens-Johnsons sydrome.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Meropenem is a synthetic carbapenem ?-lactam antibiotic that exerts its bactericidal activity by inhibiting bacterial cell wall synthesis in gm+ve and gm-ve bacteria through binding to several penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs).
Drug Interactions ::
Increased plasma concentration w/ probenecid. May decrease plasma levels of valproic acid thus, increasing the risk of seizures.