Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name PARKIROP Has Generic Salt :: Ropinirole
- 2 PARKIROP Is From Company CADILA Priced :: Rs. 14.00/23.50
- 3 PARKIROP have Ropinirole is comes under Sub class Drugs for Neurodegenerative Disorders of Main Class Nervous System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs for Neurodegenerative Disorders
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name PARKIROP Has Generic Salt :: Ropinirole
PARKIROP Is From Company CADILA Priced :: Rs. 14.00/23.50
PARKIROP have Ropinirole is comes under Sub class Drugs for Neurodegenerative Disorders of Main Class Nervous System
Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs for Neurodegenerative Disorders
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Parkinson’s disease, Restless leg syndrome
Drug Dose ::
Oral As monotherapy in Parkinson’s disease Adult: Initially, 250 mcg tid, may increase by 750 mcg at wkly intervals for the first 4 wk. Subsequent increments can be made in steps of 1.5 mg at wkly intervals up to 9 mg/day, then in steps of 3 mg at wkly intervals. Usual dose ranges from 3-9 mg daily. Max: 24 mg/day. Higher dose may be necessary if used in conjunction with levodopa. Gradual withdrawal is recommended. Restless leg syndrome Adult: Initially, 250 mcg daily for 2 days, taken 1-3 hr before bedtime. May increase to 500 mcg daily for the next few days. Subsequent increments may be made in steps of 500 mcg at wkly intervals until 3 mg daily is reached. Max: 4 mg daily. Hepatic impairment: Dosing adjustments may be required.
Drug Precautions ::
Pregnancy. May impair ability to drive or operate machinery. Withdrawal should be gradual. Hepatic or renal impairment. May cause daytime sleepiness or episodes of falling asleep during activities. May cause or worsen pre-existing dyskinesia.
Drug Side Effects ::
Sudden onset of sleep with or without any prior feeling of drowsiness. Nausea, abdominal pain; dizziness, somnolence, headache, hallucinations; dyskinesias.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Ropinirole is a non-ergot dopamine D2-agonist with similar actions to those of bromocriptine. It is used in the management of Parkinson’s disease, either alone or as an adjunct to levodopa.
Drug Interactions ::
Inhibitors of CYP1A2 e.g. cimetidine, ciprofloxacin, erythromycin, fluvoxamine, isoniazid, ritonavir and zileuton may increase serum concentrations of ropinirole. Oestrogens and tobacco smoking may decrease clearance of ropinirole. Efficacy may be reduced by dopamine antagonists such as phenothiazines and metoclopramide.