Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name GRISONORM Has Generic Salt :: Griseofulvin
- 2 GRISONORM Is From Company Micro V. Priced :: Rs. 17.93
- 3 GRISONORM have Griseofulvin is comes under Sub class Anti Fungals of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Fungals
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name GRISONORM Has Generic Salt :: Griseofulvin
GRISONORM Is From Company Micro V. Priced :: Rs. 17.93
GRISONORM have Griseofulvin is comes under Sub class Anti Fungals of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Fungals
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO 0.5-1 g/day. Hair and skin infecions: 2-8 wk. Fingernail infections: 6 mth. Toenail infections: 12 mth or more. Child: 10 mg/kg daily.
Severe liver disease; porphyria; monilial infection; SLE; pregnancy.
Drug Precautions ::
Lactation; may impair ability to drive or operate machinery; avoid exposure to intense sunlight or artificial light. Regular monitoring of the renal, hepatic and blood tests should be done.
Drug Side Effects ::
Oral thrush; GI distress, taste perversion; dizziness, confusion, headache, depression, insomnia, fatigue; peripheral neuritis, photosensitivity; skin rashes, urticaria, erythema multiforme; leucopenia, proteinuria. Potentially Fatal: Hepatotoxicity; angioedema.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Griseofulvin is a fungistatic antibiotic that inhibits fungal cell division at metaphase and binds to human keratin making it resistant to fungal infections. It has activity against common dermatophytes including epidermophyton, Microsporum, or Trichophyton spp.
Drug Interactions ::
Antagonises oral anticoagulants and oral contraceptives. Decreased GI absorption with phenobarbital. Reduced plasma concentrations with enzyme inducers e.g. phenylbutazone and hypnotics. Potentially Fatal: Enhances effects of alcohol and causes disulfiram-like reaction.