Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name HOMIDE Has Generic Salt :: Homatropine
- 2 HOMIDE Is From Company Warren Priced :: Rs. 29.45
- 3 HOMIDE have Homatropine is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name HOMIDE Has Generic Salt :: Homatropine
HOMIDE Is From Company Warren Priced :: Rs. 29.45
HOMIDE have Homatropine is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Mydriasis and cycloplegia for refraction, Dilatation of pupil
Drug Dose ::
Adult: Ophth Mydriasis and cycloplegia for refraction As 2% soln: Instill 1-2 drops immediately before procedure, repeat at 5-10 min intervals if needed. Uveitis As 2% soln: Instill 1-2 drops 2-3 times/day, up to 3-4 hrly if needed. Child: 3 mth- 2 yr: instill 1 drop of 0.5% soln once daily or on alternate days. >2 yr: instill 1 drop of 1% or 2% soln bid.
Acute haemorrhage; narrow-angle glaucoma; primary glaucoma; predisposition to glaucoma; hypersensitivity.
Drug Precautions ::
Hypertension; cardiac disease; unstable CV status in acute haemorrhage; increased intraocular pressure; obstructive uropathy; paralytic ileus; ulcerative colitis; elderly; infants; young child; pregnancy. Finger pressure should be applied on the lachrymal sac for 1-2 minutes after instillation to reduce systemic absorption.
Drug Side Effects ::
Blurred vision; photophobia; increased intraocular pressure. Prolonged use may cause local irritation characterized by follicular conjunctivitis, vascular congestion, oedema, exudate and eczematoid dermatitis.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Homatropine, a tertiary amine antimuscarinic, produces dilation and loss of accommodation by blocking the response of iris sphincter muscle and the accommodative ciliary muscle to cholinergic stimulation.
Drug Interactions ::
Effects may be increased by drugs with antimuscarinic effect such as; some antihistamines; phenothiazines; antipsychotics; TCAs; MAOIs or parasympathomimetics.