Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name MENINGOCOCCAL A&C Has Generic Salt :: MENINGOCOCCAL
- 2 MENINGOCOCCAL A&C Is From Company Serum Inst. Priced :: Rs. 48.56
- 3 MENINGOCOCCAL A&C have MENINGOCOCCAL is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name MENINGOCOCCAL A&C Has Generic Salt :: MENINGOCOCCAL
MENINGOCOCCAL A&C Is From Company Serum Inst. Priced :: Rs. 48.56
MENINGOCOCCAL A&C have MENINGOCOCCAL is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
|MENINGOCOCCAL||INJ||Rs. 48.56||SINGLE DOSE|
Indications for Drugs ::
Pneumonia, Meningitis, Septicemia, Septic Arthritis, Meningococcemia, Carditis
Drug Dose ::
The recommended dose for vaccines in all age groups is 0.5mL, administered as a single dose. Administer a 0.5 mL dose vaccine by subcutaneous injection. Withdraw the 0.5 mL dose of vaccine from the single-dose vial using a sterile needle and syringe.
Severe allergic reaction (eg, anaphylaxis) after a previous dose of a meningococcal capsular polysaccharide-, diphtheria toxoid- or CRM197-containing vaccine, or to any component of Menactra vaccine
Drug Precautions ::
1. Guillain-Barré Syndrome Persons previously diagnosed with Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) may be at increased risk of GBS following receipt of Menactra vaccine. The decision to give Menactra vaccine should take into account the potential benefits and risks. GBS has been reported in temporal relationship following administration of Menactra vaccine. The risk of GBS following Menactra vaccination was evaluated in a post-marketing retrospective cohort study . 2. Preventing and Managing Allergic Vaccine Reactions Prior to administration, the healthcare provider should review the immunization history for possible vaccine sensitivity and previous vaccination-related adverse reactions to allow an assessment of benefits and risks. Epinephrine and other appropriate agents used for the control of immediate allergic reactions must be immediately available should an acute anaphylactic reaction occur. 3. Altered Immunocompetence Immunocompromised persons, including individuals receiving immunosuppressant therapy, may have a diminished immune response to Menactra vaccine. 4. Limitations of Vaccine Effectiveness This vaccine may not protect all recipients.
Drug Side Effects ::
Local and systemic adverse reactions especially febrile reactions may be encountered more frequently in children than in adults.Irritability, drowsiness, headache, gastrointestinal symptoms e.g. nau sea, vomiting and diarrhoea, local axillary lymphadenopathy. Very common: erythema, induration, tenderness, pain and redness at the injection site, fatigue, malaise.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Meningococcal serogroup A, C, Y and W-135 capsular polysaccharide antigens individually conjugated to diphtheria toxoid protein carrier.. These products convey active immunity via stimulation of production of endogenously produced antibodies.
Drug Interactions ::
This can be administered at the same time as other vaccines. Different injectable vaccines should always be administered at a different injection site. Incompatibilities: In the absence of compatibility studies, this vaccine must not be mixed with other medicinal products.